Rhythm Kids Level One is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level One guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· Make up their own drumming patterns;
· Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
· Create movement ideas for songs;
· and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level One follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and their adult(s) and include:
· 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
· Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week for each child (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!