PARTICIPATION: In this class it is very important for the adults to participate! The children learn their attitudes and motivations from you, and you can help them become enthusiastic music-makers just by enjoying the class and participating fully. You will be an excellent model regardless of your musical ability —a sense of fun is all that is required.
For the children's benefit, our goal is to make class time a music-immersion experience. You'll make a lot of new friends in class, but because it is difficult for children to mask out adult conversation, please save chatting for before and after class so that the children can have the most positive musical experience possible, and hear their own parent's singing!
FOOD: Due to serious and sometimes life threatening food allergies, no food is allowed in classroom! Please have it outside the classroom.
If your child is sick: Please don't come to class if you or your child is sick! Instead, please use our liberal 3 make up policy and schedule a make up. Further details. Please note that make ups can not be carried over to another semester so please schedule your make up as soon as possible after your missed class. Spots are offered on a space availability basis. No drop-ins please.
MAKEUPS: As a courtesy, Peninsula Music Together allows up to three make ups per child, per semester, which can not be rolled over to another semester and MUST BE SCHEDULED. (Note: No make ups available for the 3 week Holiday Mini-Semester) The make up class can be done in any of our classes. We have over 45 classes per week Monday - Saturday, BUT MUST BE SCHEDULED. The make up scheduler keeps track of the number of make ups per child, so if you can't come to a scheduled make up please go back there and cancel it. (there is a cancel make up tab) That way you won't lose one of your make ups and another family can take your place. To avoid overcrowding, full classes can have only two "make up" children allowed per class meeting. Please do not drop in for a make up or class can get too crowded for regularly registered families. Please schedule.
ADDITIONAL ADULTS: Other adults are allowed but since our classes are based on the musical model, they must participate. Because in Saturday classes many children have two adults with them already, please do not bring additional adults without discussing it with Director Pam Donkin email@example.com.
OCCASIONAL OLDER UNREGISTERED SIBLINGS:
• Note: This policy does not apply to Rhythm Kids or the 3 week Holiday mini semester. Please contact us with questions.
• In mixed age or babies only classes, if the older sibling is age 6 or over, they may come in as a musical model, the same as "additional adults" (see below) without scheduling.
• In mixed age or babies only classes, older siblings (under age 6) may come one time per semester and must be scheduled as a "make up". Please show in notes: older sibling (name). Please do not bring the older sibling without scheduling. Drop-ins are not allowed in our classes for two reasons: we need to keep the class from being overcrowded and for insurance reasons, all children must be registered or scheduled*. The number of make ups, are limited because many of our classes are full. Our preference is that you schedule the registered sibling for a make up, instead of bringing the older child along, or arrange a play date for the older child. However, we know that once in a while scheduling conflicts arise and that's why we offer a one-time free visit for non-enrolled older siblings to attend, but it must be scheduled as a "make up". Note: this does not affect the number of make ups for the registered child.
SIBLINGS 8 MONTHS AND UNDER ARE FREE: Siblings of a paid registrant, 8 months and under, as of first day of class, are free of charge. In Burlingame and Beresford Park locations proof of date of birth must be provided to instructor on first day of class. In Millbrae, PJCC and Parent's Place they must be registered, at $0 fee.
TEACHERS: For reasons beyond our control it may be necessary to change the teacher for a given class. Though it's extremely rare, Peninsula Music Together reserves the right to make teacher changes without prior notice in order to keep a class going. All PMT teachers are trained by Music Together® LLC and by Director Pam Donkin and are highly qualified.
• Millbrae/Parents Place: Refunds are not available after first class. We regret that there can be no refunds after the first class. Your spot in class has been sold and cannot necessarily be resold. Many classes are full and people have been turned away when the spot is booked. Tuition refunds issued prior to first class are subject to a $30 processing fee.
• Burlingame: Refund policy link.
• San Mateo/Foster City (Beresford Park, PJCC): Please contact them directly for their policy.
• Note: Materials are non-returnable
PRO-RATED TUITION: This is only available at Beresford Park Rec. You must call or visit in person to receive it. 650-522-7440.
TWO CHILDREN, ONE CAREGIVER: We allow one parent/caregiver to bring two children as long as they are able to interact as a musical model with both children successfully, and that both children are under their care and control at all times ensuring the safety of their children and others in class.
SONG COLLECTION MATERIALS: 9 different Song Collections are rotated over 3 years. They are part of the class and included in the tuition. (one set per family) They are not optional and in fact enhance the experience more than we can say! Click here if you already have the current collection.