NEW! Now includes 6 year olds!
Rhythm Kids, Level One, is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–6) with a parent or caregiver.
Rhythm Kids has been expanded to include 6 year-olds!
•The new age range will be ages 4-6 yrs!
•Younger siblings are allowed to be registered as well, and can participate at their own developmental level, with the understanding that the activities will be geared to the older kids. Sibling discount available by phone only at 650-558-7300.
• Siblings 8 mo and under are free and do not need to be registered.
• Older siblings, over 6yrs, are also welcome to participate, free of charge, as long as they participate as a music model with their adult.
Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level One guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· Make up their own drumming patterns;
· Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
· Continue to create movement ideas for Music Together songs;
· and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level One follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development.
Classes are for children ages 4–6 and their adult(s) and include:
· Weekly, 45-minute classes
· Animal Collection Songbook and 1 CD each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material on the Hello Everybody app and Family Music Zone
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and singing
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week for each child (or you can bring your own).