NEW! Now includes 6 year olds!
Rhythm Kids, Level One, is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–6) with a parent or caregiver.
Rhythm Kids has been expanded to include 6 year-olds!
•The new age range will be ages 4-6 yrs!
•Younger Siblings are allowed to be brought along, to sit with the parent/caregiver, but will not be expected to take part in what the 4-6yr children are doing.
• Older siblings, over 6yrs, are also welcome to come along, as long as they participate as a music model with their adult.
Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level One guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· Make up their own drumming patterns;
· Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
· Continue to create movement ideas for Music Together songs;
· and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level One follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development.
Classes are for children ages 4–6 and their adult(s) and include:
· Weekly, 45-minute classes
· Animal Collection Songbook and 1 CD each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material on the Hello Everybody app and Family Music Zone
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and singing
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week for each registered child (or you can bring your own).