Level One/Two combined
Rhythm Kids is the next musical step!
Rhythm Kids has been expanded to include 8 year-olds!
•The new age range will be ages 4-8 yrs.
•Younger Siblings are allowed to be there, to sit with the parent/caregiver, but will not be expected to take part in what the older children are doing. Though, there are still some Music Together songs included that they will want to join in on.
Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level One guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· Make up their own drumming patterns;
· Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
· Continue to create movement ideas for Music Together songs;
· and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development.
Classes are for children ages 4–8 and their adult(s) and include:
· Weekly, 40-minute Zoom class taught by Teacher Steve
· Animal Collection Songbook and 1 CD each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material on the Hello Everybody app and Family Music Zone
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and singing
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will not be provided for the class. You can use a box or you can get a small djembe. Info will be sent to you about how to get them.
We will be using the Elephant Collection this Fall. Your materials will be mailed to you