This is the essential Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from 3 mo. through age three or four, through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers, grouping children of a variety of ages because this fosters natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. Any caregivers, parents, grandparents, nanny can bring the children. Please note that children in these classes tend to be between age 6 mo to age 3 and even some up to age 4 that are siblings. 5yr old siblings may also be registered in a mixed age class.
Enroll in Music Together con Español and try algo nuevo - something new! Music Together con Español is a bilingual English/Spanish version of the Music Together mixed-age class you know and love. The semester Song Collection's have been recorded in a mixture of English and Spanish, which you'll take home on a CD and also be able to access online via your Hello Everybody app. And, in addition to your weekly classes, and the bilingual recording, you'll receive the new English-language illustrated songbook, plus a booklet with the Spanish lyrics, and a family newsletter with more at-home music-making idea that can hacer que cada día sea más divertido-make every day more fun!
This class is offered at:
Beresford Center on Tuesdays at 11:45 am Teacher Sandy.
Burlingame Rec on Fridays at 11:30 am Teacher Sandy and Tuesdays at 4pm Teacher Breeze.
NOW FOR AGES 4-6YRS! And siblings can be brought along.
Coming back this Fall 2019!
Rhythm Kids™ by Music Together
NEW! Now includes 6 year olds!
Rhythm Kids, Level One, is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–6) with a parent or caregiver.
Rhythm Kids has been expanded to include 6 year-olds!
•The new age range will be ages 4-6 yrs!
•Younger Siblings are allowed to be brought along, to sit with the parent/caregiver, but will not be expected to take part in what the 4-6yr children are doing.
• Older siblings, over 6yrs, are also welcome to come along, as long as they participate as a music model with their adult.
Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level One guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
· Make up their own drumming patterns;
· Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
· Continue to create movement ideas for Music Together songs;
· and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level One follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development.
Classes are for children ages 4–6 and their adult(s) and include:
· Weekly, 45-minute classes
· Animal Collection Songbook and 1 CD each semester
· Access to online drum-play videos and other material on the Hello Everybody app and Family Music Zone
Your child will:
· Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and singing
· Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
· Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week for each registered child (or you can bring your own).